THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
Granite Peaks GI, LLC is required by law to maintain the privacy of your health information and to provide you with this notice of its legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your medical information. We are required to comply with rights and standards set out in this Notice.
Here are examples of the ways that we may use or disclose your protected health information (“PHI”):
For treatment. To try to provide you with quality care, we keep records of office visits, procedures and other care we provide you. We may also request your PHI from other doctors, such as your primary care doctor, to ensure that our care meets your needs. Sometimes, we may also provide your PHI to other medical providers, if we believe good care requires us to consult with or involve other physicians or specialists.
For payment. We use your PHI to bill and collect for the medical services we provide.
For example, we will use your PHI to verify your insurance eligibility or coverage and to submit bills and claims to your insurer or other payers, such as Medicare. We may also contact payers to give them notice or get prior approval for medical services we intend to provide to you.
For health care operations. We will use your PHI for general health care operations, for example, reviewing and improving our quality of care, training our staff, enhancing customer services, managing our costs, responding to audits or interacting with other medical providers.
We may use or disclose your PHI to provide other services, including:
Alternative treatments. We may use your PHI to recommend or inform you of additional or alternative treatments that we believe may benefit you.
Appointments. We may use your PHI to remind you of appointments. If you do not want us to remind you, please tell the scheduler or any staff member.
Research. We may use your PHI to notify others involved in medical research that you may want to participate in clinical trials of new medications or devices. You will be given a separate right to consent or refuse to participate in any such research.
Family, friends & caregivers. When appropriate we may share your PHI with family members, friends or caregivers, or those who may help you pay for your medical services.
Business associates & their Sub-contractors. We may share your PHI with others who help us run our medical practice. They must follow our privacy practices and have the same duty to keep your PHI confidential as we do.
Uses or disclosure required by law. We are required by law to make certain disclosures without your authorization, such as reporting communicable diseases, illnesses and work injuries, disclosures to protect victims of abuse, exploitation or neglect, reporting required by coroners, medical examiners or law enforcement, or courts, or for organ or tissue donation.
All other uses or disclosures of your PHI not set out in this Notice require your separate signed authorization, SUCH AS SALE OF phi OR CERTAIN MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS. You can revoke your authorization at any time by giving us a signed statement.
YOUR INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS.
Under federal law, you have the following rights:
- The right to request restrictions on how we use or share your PHI. We will seriously consider any such request, but we are not required to agree to it.
- The right to request restrictions on disclosures if PHI to a health plan, if you paid out-of-pocket, in full at time of service. We will accommodate unless a law requires us to share that information.
- The right to receive your PHI from us by alternative means or at alternative locations.
- The right to inspect your PHI (at no charge).
- The right to see or obtain an electronic or paper copy of your PHI. The first request for copies will be complimentary. You may also request your records in a different format that you choose, such as electronic email copies or PDFs.
- The right to a copy of your PHI that is maintained electronically given in an electronic format or in a format agreed upon.
- The right to have a copy of PHI transmitted electronically directly to an entity or designated individual.
- The right to amend or add to your PHI.
- The right to receive from us an accounting of all the disclosures we have made of your PHI for any period of time (within the 6 years prior to your request). Your right to an accounting does not include disclosures of your PHI we have made for purposes of treatment, payment or operations. The first accounting will be complimentary.
- The right to be notified promptly in the event of any breach that may have compromised the privacy or security of your PHI.
- The right to receive a paper copy of this Notice of Privacy Practices, even if you have already received an electronic version.
- You have the right to complain if you believe your privacy rights have been violated. You will not be retaliated against if you complain.
Office: 1393 E Sego Lily Drive, Sandy, UT 84092
Office: 2961 W Maple Loop Dr., Ste 220 Lehi, UT 84043
Endoscopy Center: 10150 S. Petunia Way, Sandy, UT 84092
(801) 619-9000 | Fax: (801) 619-9001